Strength and Conditioning
Active Body's rehabilitation and sports conditioning team can provide athletes from all sporting disciplines with specific programs that allow the individual to achieve his or her highest level of excellence.
Strength and Conditioning is the physical and physiological development of athletes for sport performance. Our role as Sports Conditioning Coaches is to help athletes become faster, stronger, and more flexible to build muscular strength, muscular endurance, aerobic and/or anaerobic conditioning, speed and power so they perform better and remain injury free.
Active Body's multi-disciplinary team can provide sport-specific training for both the highly competitive athlete, and the recreational athlete. Each exercise program is individually tailored to meet the athletes specific needs.
The aims of our program include but are not limited to:
- Developing correct exercise technique
- Improving the strength base of all athletes
- Individualising programs to address athlete specific strengths and weaknesses
- Improving athletes sports specific movements and techniques through agility and speed sessions
- Improving athletes physical conditioning through sport specific conditioning sessions
- Power development
- Reaction training
Who is Strength and Conditioning suitable for?
Athletes or sports specific exercisers performing at recreational, performance or elite level
Sports teams looking for specific resistance and conditioning sessions and programmes
Those individuals looking to learn specific Olympic lifts, and need guidance so they don't cause themselves an injury